- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Experience: 2+ years
- Commitment: Full-time
- Compensation: Competitive based on experience and skill set.
- Position: This is an employed position. Must be located and authorized to work in the United States.
- Skill level: Intermediate
Revive Design Studios is looking for a talented Web Designer to design and develop thoughtful, attractive, easy-to-use online experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design.
This is an important role at Revive. The right fit will take ownership of our web design projects by designing new features and websites. They will establish and promote good design guidelines from conception through launch. The Web Designer needs to be comfortable communicating design decisions and rationale to our clients and internally.
This position also will support our fullstack development by coding up the responsive front-end of projects and tracking changes using Git. They will also help with integrating HTML/CSS/JS provided by our marketing partner and troubleshoot and fix common website HTML/CSS/image issues. We primarily work within the Shopify ecommerce (CMS) platform.
Above all else, we are a team, so assistance in solving problems will be provided to ensure you’re successful in your role. This position reports to the CEO who will be providing weekly check-ins to support you as you grow in your career with us.
What We Are Looking For (Must haves)
- 2+ years of experience designing and launching consumer-facing web projects.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience: Illustrator, Photoshop, XD
- Front-end development experience: HTML/CSS and basic JS
- Demonstrable web design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency using CSS frameworks and with CSS preprocessors
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, and graphic content
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for both mobile & web
- An understanding of front-end web development best practices to create responsive, fast-loading websites
To Be Successful
Experience with the following is helpful, but not required for the initial hire. To be successful, you'll need to learn:
- Interactive prototyping with Adobe XD
- Shopify CMS and Ecommerce platform
- Ecommerce design pattern standards
- Photo best practices for the web
- Basic Liquid Templating Language skills
- Basic Git skills
Traits We’re Seeking
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit to help scale our small and growing team.
- Constructively communicates ideas and rationale with a broad set of stakeholders to ensure quality
- Appreciates delivering products incrementally to provide value to clients as early as possible.
- Ability to brainstorm around project hurdles and come up with creative, human-centered solutions.
- Enjoys learning from and collaborating with co-workers.
- Professionally communicates with clients and coworkers via phone calls, Google Hangouts and Slack.
- Interest in the outdoors, sports, and non-profit sectors is a plus.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Engaging coworking office space
- Education stipend toward web design and development
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Additional time off on major U.S. holidays
- 401(k) with match
- Fun, collegial atmosphere